Wednesday 18 March 2015

The Sheep Thrills of Programming

George still lives! It is still lent and not yet time to cull the lambs. Besides, I need to figure out the code for my project before I can start thinking about implanting things into George.

As proof of his continued safety, here is a picture I took this morning of George and his mouse friends cuddling on my desk.

The bags of wires at his feet are the phidget I am attempting to use. It is an infrared distance sensor and allows the computer to recognize the relative distance of whatever passes in front of the sensor head. Once I have the code figured out, this device will allow George to recognize when something is nearby and to respond accordingly, probably with a sassy remark. Or perhaps with a creative Sheepspearian quote. This should give the unsuspecting passerby a surprise.

I still need to figure out how I will implant the device into George when I am ready. I was thinking of placing the sensor in his bowtie. It is a fairly obvious looking piece of tech that will be hard to hide but hopefully the bow will be able to make it less obvious.

Baaey for now.
Nicole and George

No comments:

Post a Comment